We are ABAR Suffield, Inc. a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization
Who Are We?
We are Suffield community members committed to taking action in support and solidarity with all BIPOC (Black, Indigenous Persons of Color). We are anti-bias and anti-racist (ABAR).
What is ABAR?
ABAR means anti-bias, anti-racist. It’s a mindset and a values system that we work toward every day.
Because every community can and should do better.
How Can We Do Better?
We can learn and then take action to drive policy-based changes in Suffield. Change is needed to elevate BIPOC and protect and empower all marginalized communities & diverse peoples.
We embrace diversity of all kinds. As a result we seek to create a Suffield where diversity is embraced and appreciated, and where everyone feels welcomed and safe.
Make Suffield a safe, Anti-Bias, Anti-Racist (ABAR) community.
We ask you to join us in creating meaningful changes.
- demonstrate a clear commitment to racial equity and equality
- ensure educational curriculum and staffing are diverse
- make programming and resources available to everyone
- create a permanent and unfailing dedication to living ABAR in our community
1.the state of being diverse; variety
2. the practice or quality of including or involving people from a range of different social and ethnic backgrounds and of different genders, sexual orientations, etc (OxfordDictionary)